Friday, June 16, 2006

it's been awhile

Yep, it's been awhile since I've been here. Life is like that. It's mostly been the usual crazed pace of life that's been keeping me occupied lately. A big project that's been going on is research, Sweets has decided that she would like a trike. So I've been researching them, looking at different kits, convertions, and of course the costs. Let me tell ya, there not cheap, no matter how you do it. The photo above is the one I like the best so far, it's made by a local outfit www.eztrikekits.com . We drove over there last wensenday to check them out and we both got to take the one in the picture for a test ride. You can't tell it by the photo, but this one has been raked out to 40 deg and was set up as a drag bike, not excatlly a streetable setup. But it did ride nice for the most part, it had a bit of a shake in the front end taking off, I'm figuring is due to a improperly balanced front tire, but other than that I liked it. Of course like most, it's not cheap, but at about half the cost of most, it's an option we're discussing a lot.

Well, I'll try to get back later, time to get ready for work now. Catch ya all on the flip side, asta.

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

I liked the price for what ya get from the place you looked at and did the test ride. Maby with some additional sheet metal it would look more "beefy". You are right though. Most trikes are a small fortune. Even though I am a harley rider to the core. I hafta admit one of the best looking trikes I have seen on the market are the gold wing conversions. I hope it comes together that you can get one.