Sunday, November 26, 2006

The long weekend is almost over

Well, it's Sunday, Thanksgiving weekend is almost over. Haven't done a whole lot this weekend, spent T-day itself just relaxing on the coutch and in front of the computer. Spent Friday and Saturday messing with the chopper, finally got it out from under the tarp in the backyard where she's been hiding since we got to Tulsa. Gotta say that I love those old Hondas, she's been sitting for about three months now and I know the battery was half dead when I covered her up. I put the key in her, turn on the gas, closed the choke and two kicks and she was running. :) Mind you not purring like she should, but she made a couple of laps around the block ok. I rolled her back up to my garage and decided that maybe the timing was off a bit. After getting the timing light hooked up I noticed that I wasn't getting a pulse from the #1 wire, so I checked the rest and they were good. I pulled the wire and checked it with my meter and got a reading of 10K ohms, yep a bad wire, just for the fun of it I decided to check the rest, I avg. 5k ohms on the rest, ok, one really bad and the rest not far behind. I did a little research and decide the problem was that I had used graphite core wires. So, after a trip to the local O'Reily's Auto Parts, I had a set on order for Saturday morning. The next morning I did my running around gathering a few tidbit parts and my new wires. After putting on a new set of wires, I took her for another spin around the block, well, she's running a lot better now, but still got a few bugs to work out.

All for now - Asta

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

I think I need my wires changed too.Give me a call. You know the number!!!