Sunday, September 30, 2007

Been Awhile

Yep, it's been a bit since I've posted anything. Life has a way of getting in the way of simple things like this. Not that a whole lot has happened since I last posted anything. As for what's going on now, a whole lotta the same old, same old. I have started a new project bike for Sweety, she's really been on my case lately for a bike to ride, she's realized the scooter, while cute and fun, just doesn't cut it in Tulsa traffic. So, I've agreed to rework my '76 Honda CB750ss into something she can ride. First order of business is lowering it for her, after a bit of searching and price gathering, I've decide on a set of 11" shocks for the rear, I bid on some on e-bay, but got outbid on them about two days later, so last Saturday I checked at a local shop and they had a set that would work for 90 bucks, pretty good price, I'll stop by Tuesday after work and pick them up. Then comes the fun part, lowering the front. It's time for tool shopping now, since I no longer work at a bike shop, I've got to start picking up some of the tools I'll need to do this kind of work, right now all I need to get is a disk grinder, cutoff wheels and sanding pads, so it's a trip over to Harbor Freight for those items, nice thing is, they pull double duty this fall when I start reworking the front porch, more on that later. After I get it lowered, then come the really big jobs, rewiring the bike and getting it running.

More Later
W.

No comments: