Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Day the World Changed (at least for me)

Feb. 18, 2006

This day will live in my mind forever.

This is the day I got married.

People talk about the nervious jitters, butterflys in the stomach and various other things. I myself was stone cold solid about it all, not a jitter or anything, until about 30 seconds before the actual ceremony started. LOL, I get to laugh now, because I've done it, I've experenced the moment. It's not something that you can really talk about or share with someone unless you've done it yourself. I've been a groomsman in my cousin's wedding and I've helped plan, arrange and work the weddings of my two neices and a nephew, along with a few friends, but until it's you standing there in the spotlight, the feeling can't be realized. Two things got me through it, my military training about standing watch kicked in, in other words I did a very slight roll of my shoulders and I unlocked and relaxed my knees, the other and I feel most important thing was looking into Sweety's eyes, seeing the love and commentment there.

Well, it's the day after, most of the out of state friends left early this morning, trying to get back home before the weather get really bad, the last two will be flying out this afternoon. We're all just sitting around the house just unwinding, it felt like a drain plug had been pulled out of me this morning, it was just a top down feeling that came over me as I was sitting there drinking my morning coffee. I knew at that moment, despite the bills and other bs that was waiting for me come monday morning, that all was now right in the world.

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Congradulations Woogaus! It's your bud from the navy here, Cornbread! Your an inspiration to me. I know that if you can find one that it works out right with, there is hope for me! I know you wouldn't take that big step and plunge into a marrage unless you were 110% shure it was right. Gimme a call if ya wanna. You got the number! Tell Mrs. Woogaus I said Howdy!