Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Deck the Halls (or at least the back porch)

Been kinda one of those weeks so far, had monday off due to Easter, actually what happened was that the boss got talked into something by the wife and kids so he called me monday morning and told me not to come in. It was fine by me, did some running around and worked in the garage a bit. As for tuesday, well, I bolted a couple a more of those shiny go fast chrome bits on the fatboy, rewired the driving lights, can't remember what else I did, I guess that shows how exciting that day was, LOL. Oh, I did haul a load of my bike parts home and started sorting out the stuff, one truck load down, about two or three more to go. Today on the other hand, while not as exciting as building a cool chopper was a busy day. When we built the addition onto the house a few years ago, my bro built a small landing at the back door that had three short funky steps going down to the deck. Everybody complained about them because they were kinda short and stumpy, not to easy to walk up and down, plus the landing outside the door was kinda small. Trying to get in the back door with the groceries while three big dogs are trying to get out/in/see/sniff everything was a bit of a feat. So today out came the building tools and after a trip to Lowe's to get building supplies I re-did the landing. I extended it all the way to the cook shed, about four feet, and built a new set of stairs going down the front part. Didn't completely finish it today, I still have a set of stairs to put in on the backside and then do the hand rails and such, but it's looking a lot better and everyone's happy with what I got finished today. You can now walk up a nice set of stairs to a landing that's big enough for everyone including the dogs to get on and move about. Once I get the rest finished, I've got to buy some Thompson's water sealer and hose everything down so that it doesn't go to hell.

Well that's about it for now, Asta.

No comments: