Friday, May 05, 2006

It's finally over, at least as far as I'm concerened.



Sweets and me have been having a series of discussions about work, my job in particular. She wants me to quit and work some where else, doesn't matter where, or if I actually like the job, just not at the bike shop. It's not that she doesn't want me to work at a bike shop, just not the one that I currently work at. There are several reasons behind this.

1. She doesn't like my boss - on this one, well a lot of people don't like him, he's one of those types, you either like him or not, period.

2. The pay isn't the greatist - I've been checking around, the pay isn't too hot anywhere. But at least I'm getting a raise at the end of the month.

3. No benifits - Been checking around on that one too, not too many places have benifits that are worth even mentioning, most places you have to pay for your insurance anyway. I worked for Motion Industries for six years, big outfit, google it's parent company sometime - Geninue Parts, I was coughing up 80 bucks a paycheck for insurance - $2080.00 a year and I wasn't even paying the full amount, when I started the company was called BerryBearing and the insurance was paid by the company, all the Berry employes got a bump in pay to cover the cost of insurance at the time of transition, but it was a one shot deal, after that if the cost went up, we had to pay for it.

4. No overtime pay - This issue is fixed, the boss and me had a talk today, starting at the end of the month, I'm no longer on a salary pay schedule, it's going to be hourly and I'll get overtime pay if I'm needed to work some extra hours, not that I expect extra hours, I very rarely have any now.

Anyhow, to sum things up, the boss and me had a nice chat today and straightened out a few points and straightened out a few issues and I've decided to stay put and stop looking at other jobs. Of course the fun part has yet to happen, telling Sweets this. LOL

Oh well, asta for now.

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Hang in there man. I know it can sometimes be difficult when two people have to make the decisions for your life. You got a good head on your shoulders. Do what you believe is right and try to keep peace at home too. It is a art form that if you can master it, it will help save your sanity.