Monday, January 22, 2007

Once again into the payroll fray

Well, I found out something today that explained why my check was screwed up, it turns out it was my fault. I had a small bout with the flu bug last week and took Monday off as a sick day, now up till now all the companies I've worked for had the same policy - If you call in before work starts, the absent is noted and approved. Appears that at my current employer, they still want you to call in, but after you get back you have to fill out a form stating that you want the hours you missed taken from your sick time hours. In other words, if you call in sick, you still have to request sick time afterwards. Kinda silly I think, also a pain in the butt when no one bothers to inform you that you have to do that, all I was told was that you had to call in and let the boss know. Plus I forgot that I had went home early on that Friday due to the ice/sleet storm and that I was riding the bike at the time.

Oh well, lession learned. Now because of this I've started keeping track of my hours and hour usage in my schedule book that I carry with me at all times now.

No comments: