Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, it's Sunday and Thanksgiving weekend is about over. The company gave us Thursday and Friday off for it, plus a 15 lb turkey as well. I decided to experiment this year and try to deep fry it. I've had the deep fryer for years, I won it as a perk prize at a company I used to work for. This was the first time I've tried deep frying a turkey though, I did some research on the net and came up with a general list of things, time, temps, etc... So, about noon on Thursday I got things started, it was a perfect day for it in my opinion, about 60 degrees, sunny, and almost no wind to speak of. I won't bore you with the details of watching a pot of oil get hot, I put the bird in about one o'clock and it started frying along quite happly, the only big issue came when it was about 2/3's of the way done, I ran out of propane! After a quick run to the Walgreens around the corner I had things up and running again. Everyone said the bird turned out pretty good. The rest of the weekend was spent in lazyness, watching tv and visiting friends.

No comments: