Monday, March 13, 2006

Another day, another fight

Day 2 of the virus fight, I've been reading up on the nasty little bugger. Hopefully I can kill the bastard tonight, we'll see.


In other news....

Saturday was a freaking busy day, it was nice out, good riding weather. That meant that everybody stopped by, of course I was busy as all get out, I had a seat pan to make. Luckly I had prepped the bike on friday night so I was able to start laying glass as soon as I hit the door saturday, I didn't even stop when all the guys started walking in, I just waved and kept on laying glass. Between Laz working his magic with bondo on one side of the shop and me over in the other corner working with fiberglass, we had the whole shop stinking to high heaven. LOL About two hours later, I finally finished and took a break. After taking a few minutes to air out and get my nose cleaned out (yes, I do wear a respriator mask) I went back in and started rearranging the showroom, the shovelhead FL that we had out front had sold, so I had to get it out, that was fun wiggling a bike with 38" beach bars out through two doors 36" wide. Of course the battery was dead since it had sat there for about six months, had to push the heavy ass mother around to the back door of the shop. At least I got to ride the other bike that replaced it in the showroom around to the front. The guy that bought the shovelhead wanted a few changes made, nothing major, he wanted a old school tractor seat with springs, and also needed the brake pedal relocated. I started making up some mounts for it saturday, I finished mocking them up today, the old style seat looks good on this bike, the bike has that old style look. The new owner came by this afternoon so I was able to have him try it out, he was happy, so I get to finish it up tommorow along with reworking the brake pedal. Other than that not much else going on, you can tell from my previous post how I spent my sunday and how I'm spending tonight.

No comments: