Sunday, March 05, 2006

Another day, another reason to say f@#k it


Ya now it's been one of those weekends. It all started Saturday morning, Jazz our rotty had a thing on one of her paws and Sweety decided to take her to the vet to have it checked out, she's not a pup anymore so I didn't mind. She got back from the vet just as I was leaving for work and as she pulled in, I could see the coolant steaming from under the hood, I just shook my head and told her I'd check it out when I got home and to ask Dad to give her a ride to work. As I walked into work there's the little green sporty that I spent two days making a custom set of pipes for back on the rack, apparently the boss decided that he didn't like the set of pipes that I had made and he was making a new set. I thought "Screw it!" In my opinion his weren't as good looking as mine. His were all bent and twisty and didn't look that nice, while mine were clean, simple and followed the lines and style of the bike. Some of the guys were there and I ended up working on another bike that day. When I got home and checked the truck out, it turned out that the water pump had gone to hell. Luckly the local parts store I deal with had one on the shelf. Fifty buck plus a ten dollar core charge later, I was the proud owner of a reman Dodge water pump. I decided to wait until today to put it on since I had to clean out a spot in the basement for the new washer and dryer that I picked up this morning, managed to get five more boxes of garbage packed up and ready for the dumpster. Well, not much else happened this weekend, ended up changing the water pump in my nephew's garage since it snowed today, got about 4-5 inches, and to thing it was a beautiful day yesterday, about 45 deg and nice and sunny. I knew I should have took the bike out for a ride, LOL.

1 comment:

Cornbread said...

Shure am ready for easter to get here and the weather to really get nice! I know this is the busy season for you at the bike shop. Just think though, soon it will be warm and you'll be takin' your new bride ona putt on you and hers bike to saturday night bike nights!