Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Well, survived another day

Not much happened yesterday, 4am came way too early, but I dealt with it. I figure I might as well get used to it and just consider the days that Sweets doesn't work a sleep in day.

Work was about the normal level of stupidy, just before lunch my leadman gave me a list of nine trucks that they wanted the ABS harness pulled out of because the new style engines have the exhaust running down the right side of the frame because of the turbos, so I pulled all the harnesses and piled them on a cart, just after I finished the engineer decided he didn't want the harnesses pulled that he wanted to try a slightly different routing instead. These engineers have no clue as far as I concerned. My leadman and me looked at one of the trucks that had the engine and exhaust all in place and decided that his alternated routing wouldn't work either so I suggested, just let me figure it out instead. It took me about ten minutes to figure out that if I ran the whole harness down the left side of the truck it would work just fine, so I ended up reinstalling three of the harnesses that way yesterday. Today I get to look at the others that had a different harness and see if I can do the same to them. At least I don't work in air piping, those guys had to strip all the air tubing out completely and start over because all of thier tubing is cut to length as they install it, needless to say there is a big pile of scrap air tubing laying in the middle of the line right now.

OK, time for me to get ready for work, catch ya all later
W.

No comments: